Sunday, March 14, 2010

Mar 8: Domo Arigato, Mr Roboto

Bright and early monday morning, I made the trip to see Steve the mechanic. This is the fourth time I've seen these guys... The guys at the shop all know me by name now. I show up at the door, asking if they miss me yet, noting that everyone shakes their head when they see me.

Steve addresses one of the three main oil leaks, nodding grimly that maybe it will be smarter to drive it carrying a gallon of oil, filling it up periodically than to rip out the engine to fix the other two.. He chuckles as he applies a sealant to the outside of the main oil seal... might work... might not... but it can't hurt...

The afternoon was a nerdy highlight of the trip. For those of you who are under the mistaken delusion that I'm cool, this would be a good section to skip. Oscar invited us to the robotics lab at the University to have a look at his project. He runs experiments with underwater robots surveying the ocean floor. He also let us peek at some of the other robots the other smart kids are playing with.

IMG_5522IMG_5523

No comments:

Post a Comment