Sunday, March 14, 2010

Feb 6: Driving with Lou Rawls

Unlike Trusty Rusty, the Magna does not have a tape deck. It has a CD player. My ipod adapter is a old school tape adapter... so I can't listen to the sweet sounds of motown today. Desperate for some music to breakup the day long drive from Melbourne to Canberra, I decided to buy a CD from a local gas station.

There was a fun barbecue place in Toronto called Lou Rawls that made barbecue and played live jazz/soul music. When I spotted a CD at the gas station I had to give it a test run. Lou is sort of like a cross between Barry White and Stevie Wonder. Getting the CD into the CD player was easy. To my dismay, it took me the better part of a day and a half to find the pin sized button on the top?!? of the receiver to figure out how to get the CD out. So just in case it is helpful at parties or karaoke, I am now pleased to note that I can sing word for word, the collected works of Lou Rawls.

No comments:

Post a Comment