Sunday, March 14, 2010

Feb 2: Wineglass Bay

How would you like to start your day? How about a breakfast on the patio in the sun, tucked amidst blooming rose bushes and a robust garden, enjoying conversation with new friends about life. I met up with Isabelle and Olivier to pick up the aforementioned bike in Hobart. They invited me to stay for awhile, to rest, catch up, and enjoy the morning.

Bike in hand, I made my way to Wineglass Bay. Freycinet National Park is host to a couple of world class beaches. Wineglass Bay specifically has grown recently famous based on travels articles and the like. It is a 2 hour hike in and out to the beach, which makes it a little bit more exclusive than most. When I finished the walk, I found myself standing on a white sand beach with a grand total of 2 other people.

Today was the first time I picked up a hitchhiker. A French fellow wandering the highway was looking for a lift. I shared my lunch with him... and then dropped him off. I'm sure he won't be the last traveller I pick up along the way.

IMG_4126IMG_4140IMG_4114

No comments:

Post a Comment