Sunday, March 14, 2010

Feb 8: Van shopping... day 2

I made my way across the city to visit a place called Arncliffe. It is a bit of a hike from Manly, but it is jam-packed with used-car dealerships.

Though I am most interested in finding a van, I would be pleased to find anything that has enough space to sleep in, and air conditioning. Long drives are intolerable if you have to sit and stew in a puddle of your own sweat.

Enter the Mitsubishi Pajero, a 4x4 with a long wheel base, meant for passenger transport, so it is built with a driver in mind - as opposed to the typical utility van conversions which are built entirely around practicality instead of comfort. I found a fellow selling a Pajero, who was willing to take the Tasmanian Magna on a trade. And it was a bargain... maybe too good a deal...

[note: I was later informed by Chilean born Oscar, that in Spanish, Pajero means wanker. This should have been my first warning]

And so today, I bought my third Australian car in a month.

No comments:

Post a Comment