Sunday, March 14, 2010

Feb 4: New plans

With no van, I am somewhat sensitive about the progress of my trip. This is probably the first time I have felt stress in the last month. No big deal... I will rent a car, drive my stuff to Sydney, and find a new van.

At least that was the plan.

I spoke to every car rental company I could find. None of them would let me take the car out of state, let along all the way to Sydney. I needed to come up with another solution.

So I bought a car. For $900, I bought a 1994 Mitsubishi Magna Executive. I think I will call her Marla the Magna. This is the first car I've ever owned that came with tinted windows and a spoiler. With just over 350,000km, she wasn't exactly brand new. But I wasn't going to ask her for much... just to get me up the coast.

My second car in 6 weeks.
The adventure continues.

IMG_4177

No comments:

Post a Comment