Sunday, March 14, 2010

Feb 12: Truck conversion

It seems that no matter how far you go, you can't seem to escape paperwork. I spent the morning collecting registration and insurance for the Pajero. In a strange twist of irony, I get a multi-vehicle discount on insurance, because I've still got the van insured, and I still qualify for a no-claims discount because the claim writing off the van hasn't gone through yet. I am careful to point this out, because I want to make sure there is no chance that I will have a potential insurance claim voided in any way... But they smile and nod, and proceed. No holes in that system...

The day gets more fun as I start ripping out truck seats, and building a bed frame. After a couple of hours, some help from Matt, and "longneck" bottle of beer (750mL) we complete v1 of the bedframe. It isn't something that will stand the test of time, but it should hold out for the weekend.

Eager to give the bed on wheels a go, I scurried out to the Blue Moutains to enjoy some peace and quiet out of the hustle and bustle of the city.

Night 1 in the Pajero (roughly the size of a Nissan Pathfinder or Toyota Forerunner) was good. It is more cramped than the van, but will be just fine for one person.

No comments:

Post a Comment