Sunday, March 14, 2010

Jan 30: Lake St Claire and the Tall Tall Trees

The Lake St. Claire area is the exit point for the famous 6-day overland track hike. I took a ferry across the lake to the starting point of a trail and prepared for the 6 hour slog back to the car. It is a supernatural wooded area, with towering ecalyptus trees that reminded me just how small I really am. It is a magical kind of place. I took a couple of photos, but they don't do this very special experience justice. Though I do not consider myself to be a religious person, this might be the closest I've come to a holy moment in my life. Awestruck and sweat-soaked, I wandered onwards through the woods.

Eager to keep pushing along, I made my way to Mt. Field National Park, to see Russell Falls (no relation) and the Valley of Tall Trees, eventually ending up in Hobart.

IMG_3992IMG_3995IMG_4009

No comments:

Post a Comment