Sunday, March 14, 2010

Mar 12: Great Ocean Road... day 2

Continuing up the coast there are more stellar looking rock formations and more impressive coastline bits.

I think I've put about 7,000km on Peaches the Pajero now. She trundles along happily, except on the steep uphill sections, where tiny droplets of escaping oil from the rear motor seal roll down onto the start of the exhaust pipe. If I stop the car at the top of a hill, and crack the hood I am rewarded with a satisfying stream of dissipating black smoke. While originally worrisome, it is starting to make me laugh. No matter how often I check the oil, the level is barely dropping... which seems to imply that the problem is superficial. Based on the parts involved I don't think there is even a remote chance I'm doing damage. It is times like this I wish I knew more about cars. And women. Perhaps the second topic better classified as an ongoing opportunity for learning.

IMG_5615IMG_5695IMG_5706

No comments:

Post a Comment