Friday, January 22, 2010

Jan 8: Trusty Rusty rounds first base

I have decided to pull the pin and take my relationship with Trusty Rusty to the next level. We're going to the mechanic today to have her inspected.

The mechanic says the van is in good shape, save for the dents and the rust. He also notes that the belt on the compressor for the air conditioner is wearing and should be replaced... at which point the guy selling the van says: that thing has air conditioning?

Sold!
Nothing beats 40 degree heat like AC.

I made my way back to the south side of the harbor, stopping at cash machines along the way, taking out as much money as a could...

I have slightly less respect for the banks than I do for the runny snot that freezes to the end of my nose when I ski... They find every possible excuse to shave a couple of points here and there; to carve another inch of your hard earned savings away for the priviledge of doing business with them. Why can't they charge a flat fee? Or offer exchanges as a service. If anyone ever puts me in charge of anything significant, you will see banks toppling the world over... oh wait... that's already happening isn't it? Sweet justice.

No comments:

Post a Comment