Friday, January 22, 2010

Jan 19: Who is Ben Boyd?

I decided I was going to hunt down a beach to start my day with a swim in the ocean. I enterred Ben Boyd National park. The park is named after a interesting character who (as far as I can tell) swindled and cheated people until his disappearance in the early 1850s.
Wikipedia entry: Ben Boyd

I made my way to the beach to discover I was one of two people on the beach, the second being a middle aged Australian fisherman.

In either direction there was white sand, as far as I could see. They call is 7 mile beach. Because is it 7 miles of beach. I respect the descriptive simplicity of whoever it was who named this place.

I puttered up the coast to a place called Genoa, the first place I saw the famous Black Swans. From there I made my way to Lake's Entrance, famous for being the start of the 90 mile beach.

panorama_ben_boyd_beach

IMG_3391IMG_3367IMG_3348IMG_3345

No comments:

Post a Comment