Friday, January 22, 2010

Jan 11: Insurance and the inaugural drive... To the Blue Mountains and beyond!

Step 1 - get van insurance.
Step 2 - get on the road.

I got insurance for the van and decided to take her for a little spin. I went up to the Blue Mountains, just west of Sydney. It was incredible. I have rarely seen so many perfect vistas along a single hiking trail. There are heaps of waterfalls, and all kinds of interesting wildlife. The signature view is a group of points called the three sisters.

I'm not sure why this part of Australia isn't more popular. It is close to Sydney, most of the hikes are easy walking trails... I'm chalking this up to the fact that there are less bikinis seen on the mountain than on the beach.

IMG_2971IMG_2955IMG_2968IMG_2964

No comments:

Post a Comment