Friday, January 22, 2010

Jan 7: Mick's longest birthday so far

After 10 days of chaperoning my sorry butt around his home country, Mick is heading home to Calgary. I am going to miss him dearly.

Based on his round the world ticket, Mick ended up flying home on his birthday. Most people get 24 hours to celebrate your birthday. But when you fly across the date line (mid-pacific), you get an extra day back. It is a touch confusing at first, but in this case: Mick left Syndey at 4pm on January 7. He landed in Calgary, 24 hours later, at 9pm on January 7. This means he got to have a 43 hour birthday. I hope he milked it on the flight home :)

I also hope that one day I can influence a school teacher to include this as some sort of a sneaky trick question on a math test... Two planes leave from opposite ends of the pacific...

In celebration of his birthday, Mick let me buy him a birthday pie, meaning a meat pie, topped with mashed potatoes and mushy pease, doused in gravy. Yum!

IMG_2869IMG_2868

No comments:

Post a Comment