Friday, January 22, 2010

Jan 16: Kangaroo Valley...

I've decided to make my way to a place called Kangaroo Valley. It reminds me a little of Canmore - super touristy - in an amazing natural setting. I stopped in at an amazing lookout point at Cambewarra lookout. You can hangglide from here (apparently) and they say that on a clear day you can see Sydney (200km away).

I took van to go see a nature hike with some waterfalls... I had some loose directions from the campsite supervisor, a shady map, and a pair of swim trunks ("After a steep climb, you'll come to a waterfall with a perfect little swimming hole") I ended up trying to do a couple of small water crossings through small creeks in the poor old van. She made out just fine, and didn't complain one bit. I turned back when I determined I had gone roughly twice as far as the campsite super had recommended.

I got caught in a downpour back at the campsite, but happily dry in Trusty Rusty, who doesn't seem to mind the rain at all. It was productive. Tonight I got a chance to get caught up on some of the blogging I've sorely neglected.

Ironically, I saw surprisingly few (read in: zero) Kangaroos.

panorama_canwebarra_point

No comments:

Post a Comment