Tuesday, June 1, 2010

May 24-26: Rolling down the Sunshine Coast

On my way south from Fraser Island I got a chance to pop in to see Terry in Woombye. For those of you who have read the whole blog so far (that would be you Mom), you'll recall that I met Terry and his wife Bec about 40 blog posts and 3 months ago on my way back from my first trip to the Great Barrier Reef, a week before Terry's wedding. Unfortunately Bec was away for work thistime. This meant we got to spend some quality guy time together drinking beers and cooking on the barbecue.

Leaving Woombye, I made my way past the Glasshouse Mountains. Last time I came through it was pouring rain, and I didn't get a chance to do any hiking. I'll tack in a picture or two of the spectacular view.

I spent one night in Byron Bay, the most easterly point in Australia. Byron is a very cool little surf town with a bohemian zest to it. It is popular with backpackers and Aussies alike. It was in Byron that I FINALLY got a picture of the rainbow lorikeet. A very brightly colored little parrot, it that seems to know when you're about to take a photo and does this fancy Houdini kind of a move to avoid being caught on film... or on disk... or whatever...

No comments:

Post a Comment