Thursday, June 10, 2010

Jun 1-10: Peaches gets a new home... and so does Oscar!

I've spent the last 10 days at Manly Beach in Sydney... It turned out that Peaches the Pajero was going to need a couple of days with the crack team of mechanics at Midas, which meant I had some time to kill.

So I decided to invest my time...

Oscar, my host in Sydney, has been a great friend to me and has put me up on a number of occaisions. In order to show him how much I cared, I decided to play a little joke on him. While he was away in Tasmania on a diving cruise, his lady friend and I played a game of "While you were out". Celebrating Oscar's special ageless quality, we converted his bedroom into a child's playroom, complete with a basketball hoop, a new space invaders duvet cover, and a rubber floormat. This is exactly why you should never leave your buddies with your house keys.

In other news, I found Peaches a new home! I met a Kiwi couple at the airport, and handed over the keys. It was a bit on the shady side... a cash deal, with no test drive, done in the dark...

And so I'm down to my last two weeks. I have decided to spend some time in Fiji before I make my way back. I'm getting pretty excited about coming home. It feels like I've been away forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment