Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Apr 19-21: Welcome to Darwin!

Following my overly adventurous trip down the Gibb road, I was happy to hit paved highways again. I forged ahead to Darwin, in an effort to catch up with my Irish buddy Fergal for beers. After a week or so of social starvation, it was great to see a familiar face and enjoy a multi-party conversation.

My first order of business was to go see a crocodile jumping tour. Based on their stubby little legs, I hadn't imagined that crocodile were much good at jumping. The tour was about an hour long. You float up and down the Adelaide river and a guide hangs a giant pork chop out over the water. Next thing you know, a saltwater crocodile makes his (or her) way out next to the boat, and gets into position to leap for the pork chop. It has a bit of a circus feel to it... but it is impressive to see these fellas in their natural habitat.
IMG_6771
IMG_6623

No comments:

Post a Comment