Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Apr 13-14: Broome

With just over 12,000 people, Broome is likely the biggest town I'll see in the month of April. I'm aiming to take a few days to psych myself up for a big decision.

There are 2 roads leading to Darwin.
- The Great Northern Highway
- The Gibb River Road

Cutting through the heart of the Kimberleys, the Gibb River road is supposed to be one of the last untamed adventures in Australia. It is currently open only to 4wd vehicles, though those restrictions relax in the dry season. There are a handful of river crossings required, along with a couple of steep hill climbs.

I am just on the cusp of the wet season and dry season, so my decision will depend heavily on the depth of the water, the weather forecast, and how brave I'm feeling when I hit the fork in the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment